The National Museum of Civil War Medicine is committed to protecting the personal information provided by our donors and patrons. The Museum only collects personal information that you voluntarily provide to us.
Personal information may be collected when you:
- Register to attend a Museum event
- Complete a Museum Book a Tour form
- Join or renew your membership with the Museum
- Make a contribution to the Museum
- Send correspondence to our Webmaster or other Museum staff member
- Order items available from the Museum’s shop
- Post a comment to our Web site or Facebook Page
By providing personal information on our site, you are giving consent to the Museum to use the information for the stated purpose, such as to
- Receive e-updates from the Museum
- Help us get you the information you have requested
- Schedule your organizations visit to the Museum
- Allow you to select or change user preferences
- Confirm your contribution
- Send you tax-deductible receipts
Financial Information is personally identifiable information you submit that may include the amount of a gift or payment, preferred payment method, a credit card number, debit tracking number, or other information required to complete a financial transaction. The Museum will not disclose financial information except as necessary to fulfill the donation or order request. After a transaction has been completed all financial information is destroyed.
The Museum does utilize a third-party merchant service to facilitate services, such as, completing contribution transactions, responding to your service requests, sending e-newsletters. Except for these exceptions and for law enforcement or other purposes specifically required by law, the Museum does not disclose personal information to third parties without first obtaining your permission. Additionally, the Museum does not sell or provide your personal or financial information to outside organizations of any kind.
If you would prefer to contribute by mail, please send a check to:
The National Museum of Civil War Medicine
P.O. Box 470
Frederick, MD 21701
All patrons reserve the right to opt out electronic correspondence as well as auto-payment giving.
E-mail correspondence and e-newsletters have an easy-to-use unsubscribe option at the bottom of each e-mail. Just click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of an email and follow the instructions on the page to opt out of that e-mail correspondence.
Please contact the Museum by phone at 301-695-1864, Ext 11 or by e-mail at email@example.com
If you are a member or donor and wish to Opt In to receive e-updates please contact the Museum by phone at 301-695- 1863, Ext 11 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org