Young Historians Series
Emerging scholars share their cutting-edge research on the 19th century medicine and the Civil War era.
We are currently accepting applications to present in our 2nd Annual Young Historians Series. One of our most popular series of 2016, this is an excellent opportunity for emerging scholars to share their research with a diverse and excited audience. Apply today!
Call for Speakers
The National Museum of Civil War Medicine invites emerging scholars–undergraduate students, graduate students, and recent graduates–to give a public presentation on their original research as part of the Museum’s second annual Young Historians Series.
Successful applicants will propose a forty-five minute presentation that shares their original historical research on a topic related to the Civil War, Reconstruction, and 19th century medicine.
To apply, please e-mail the following materials to email@example.com:
- A paragraph outlining your proposed program
- A resume or brief summary of your public speaking experience
- If available, published examples of the research you hope to present on (article, paper, blog, etc.)
- If available, a bibliography for your research
Applications due by August 1, 2017.
Selected applicants will be invited to present at the National Museum of Civil War Medicine in Frederick, MD on one of the following dates:
- Saturday October 14th at 2:30 pm
- Saturday November 11th (Veteran’s Day) at 2:30 pm
- Saturday December 16th at 2:30 pm