Professional Development at Letterman Institute
Leadership and Professional Development Programs
How do you determine if you need a Letterman Institute Program? If your company is undergoing any of the following:
- New Product Launch
- New Employees (especially hiring veterans)
- Changes in Corporate Structure
- Stagnant Growth
- Technological Innovations
- Fast-paced Company Growth
- Updating Leadership Styles
- Change in Mission/Direction
Once you’ve determined you’re ready for the Battlefield, each Letterman Institute program is developed in collaboration with our clients in order to achieve a customized program designed to cover those topics that address your organization’s most pressing needs. Focus may include:
- Team Building
- Commitment Building
- Personal Initiative
- Overcoming Adversity
- Mission Awareness and Dedication to Mission
- Logistical Management
- Leadership and Management during Crisis
- CommunicationEffective Communication
- Cultural Differences
- Goal Setting
- Effective Planning
- Problem Solving
- Esprit de Corps
- Team Support
Our goal is to ensure that upon completion of a Letterman Institute Leadership Training seminar, your team will return to work with the tools and motivation that will allow for immediate improvement in job performance and outcomes.
- The Letterman Institute is based on a servant/steward leadership model that stresses social, environmental and civic responsibility as a foundation of leadership rather than a method or style of leadership. We use the history of compassionate leadership in the face of human tragedy as a model for long-lasting leadership results. While many battlefield leadership programs focus on the tactical decisions made in light of the events of a single battle, we broaden the focus to decisions made in the light of foundational compassion that changed the world and continues to do so to this very day.
- The Letterman Institute programs are not about “the” battle, or the decisions made as much as the methodology of the decisions and the reasons behind those decisions. We also view the personalities and motivations of the decision-makers so we can better understand the key players’ methods. This allows us to turn the battlefield into a parable of leadership that is easy to follow and interesting even to those who may not enjoy history. It is a story that sticks in the mind and heart, not merely facts of an historical event.
- A Letterman Institute Program is meant to change lives, not only achieve results to a bottom line. It is about people and communities — not about sales goals and benchmarks. By focusing on changing the world one person at a time we will achieve much more than simply trying to meet a quota. Our participants achieve much more than can be measured on a spreadsheet- they excel at life.
- Our training is for those who are willing to be mission-driven individuals for whom there is something greater than self. It is for those who wish to change the world — not simply profit from it, and it is for those who realize that good leadership is based on timeless principles and not simply the latest fad.
- The Letterman Institute Program teaches that leadership is not only for managers and CEOs. An organization desiring to exemplify good leadership needs everyone to participate in learning leadership skills. The principles of leadership must extend from the mail room to the boardroom.