Brinton’s Brandy Returns to Downtown Frederick
Taste Civil War history as Brinton’s Brandy makes its return to Frederick! The brandy is a result of a unique partnership between the National Museum of Civil War Medicine (NMCWM) and Tenth Ward Distilling Company. Reserve a bottle of the limited ‘Brinton’s Brandy’ release by purchasing the “Brinton’s Brandy” package and be a part of a series of exclusive events hosted by the two organizations in Frederick, Maryland.
The exclusive package is $65 and includes everything listed below – a value of over $100.
- One 750 ml bottle of “Brinton’s Brandy” (received at the Feb 15 event)
- A year-long membership to the National Museum of Civil War Medicine, plus admittance to exclusive events:
- January 18, 2020 at 12:00 PM: Take a special interactive behind-the-scenes tour and tasting at Tenth Ward’s new barrel room.
- February 15, 2020: Get a free full access guided tour of the National Museum of Civil War Medicine in the afternoon.
- February 15, 2020: Celebrate Tenth Ward’s official release of Brinton’s Brandy where ticket holders get their much anticipated bottle to take home that evening!
The new batch of Brinton’s Brandy. Reserve your bottle before they’re gone.
Modeled after a traditional Civil War era spirit recipe, Brinton’s Brandy is an apple brandy distilled from McCutcheon’s cider and infused with local cherries. While this spirit would have been called a “cherry brandy” at that time it typically would have been based with an apple brandy or rye whiskey then infused with cherries after distillation.
Brinton’s Brandy appeared the past two years and was a smashing success says NMCWM Director of Interpretation Jake Wynn. “The opportunity to experience history by sipping on a Civil War inspired spirit was fantastic. For that reason, we are so excited to work again with Tenth Ward to share the story of our nation’s history through an innovative medium like brandy.” Last year this package sold out. If you missed out last year, don’t miss out this year.
For more information on or questions about the Brinton’s Brandy package, contact John Lustrea at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 301-695-1864
Want to learn more about John Brinton, the man behind the brandy? Read Jake Wynn’s blog post about his curious career by clicking here